Tuesday, March 11th, 2014
4 — 7 PM
Sandburg Learning Center
2400 Sandburg Lane
Golden Valley, MN 55427
Get Creative, Have Fun and Help End Hunger in Your Community
The original Empty Bowls is a grass roots community event started in the 1990′s in Michigan by two teachers. Since then, that event has spread to communities nation-wide. Four years ago, two intrepid volunteers took up the charge and started Empty Bowls in the Robbinsdale School District to support PRISM and NEAR food shelves, both of which serve families who live within the district. Last year, nearly $14,000 was raised to help alleviate hunger in our community. This year the need in our community is even greater and our goal is to raise $20,000. Read below to see how you can join in.
This Year there are Seven Ways to Support and Get Involved with the 4th Annual Robbinsdale Area Schools Empty Bowls Fundraiser
- Make a Bowl to Donate
Take part in one of our FREE Community Bowl Making events:Groups welcomeReservations encouraged, but not requiredCall: 763-504-6990 to make your reservation
- Make a Bowl for You & Make a Bowl to Donate
Take the Empty Bowls Pottery Class offered by Robbinsdale Area Schools Community Education and you will learn how to:
- Create a bowl
- Get a bowl to take home
- Have the pleasure of donating a bowl to Empty Bowls
- Click here to learn more
- 3730 Toledo Avenue North
- Robbinsdale. MN 55422
- Monday, February 10, 2014
- Monday, February 24, 2014
- 6:30 — 8 PM
- Enjoy a Wine Tasting & Dinner at Nona Rosa’s
Chef Francesco and Tina will take you on a wine and food adventure. A wonderful selection of wines designed to amaze and surprise you will be matched with a superb meal. Click here to learn more.
- 4168 West Broadway Avenue
- Robbinsdale, MN 55422
- Thursday, February 27, 2014
- 6:30 — 9 PM
- Bowling for Empty Bowls at New Hope Bowl
Two hours of bowling, pizza, and fun for $15 in advance ($20 at the door), all in support of Empty Bowls. So grab your friends and join us for an evening of fun! Click here to learn more.
- 7107 42nd Avenue North
- New Hope, MN 55427
- Friday, March 7, 2014
- 7 — 9 PM
Direct donations of all sizes are needed and accepted.
- Attend the 4th Annual Empty Bowls Event
- Handcrafted bowls created and donated by community members, local schools and organizations will be available for your donation
- The community is invited to enjoy a simple meal of soup and bread all donated by local businesses
- Local singers, musicians, orchestras, and bands will be playing all evening
- Stop by for dinner and a bowl and stay for the entertainment!